Sunday, August 16, 2009

FRESHNESS



It's not too often that I talk about freshness, but for some reason I woke up really refreshed today. Hence I feel like Aimee Mann's Wise Up all over again. Lovely.

A few days ago I read Jason Mraz's Freshness Factor Five Thousand and I must say he's an "uplifter". The man is just inspiring. I am a semi fan of his music but a total sucker of his passion for music and life philosophy. He has this Q&A portion in his blog where his fans can ask him questions and he answers them in ways that are unimaginably witty, honest, and inspiring.

*(Name of Fan)MintsOnPillows@ dives in with: Whats the deepest philosophical belief that’s helped you the most?
*(Jason Mraz)Row, Row, Row your Boat
Gently, down the stream
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily
Life is But a Dream

...If you missed the philosophy in that, I encourage you to slow your boat and read it again.
I think it perfectly makes sense. Probably my favorite song by him is Please Don't Tell Her and Remedy. Read his blog and you'll see what I'm talking about.

No comments: